By "providing medical services to all patients without borders," Korea posits itself as the hub of "global healthcare." With world-class quality care at a reasonable cost, Korea sees an increasing number of foreign patients traveling to the nation to receive medical services. The Korean Government announced 'global healthcare' as one of the 'next growth engines of the Korean economy' and launched 'Medical Korea' as the nation's leading medical brand. Korea has built a foreigner-friendly medical environment and is executing a variety of promotional activities to increase international awareness of Medical Korea.
- KHIDI performs various Medical Korea projects:
- - Supports global healthcare policy development and conducts research on related markets
- - Collects and manages statistics on foreign patients
- - Promotes Medical Korea and encourages global healthcare industry networking
- - Hosts Medical Korea conferences and Korean healthcare familiarization tour events
- - Operates medical call centers for foreigners, as well as the Bureau of the Central Medical Assessment and Mediation Commission
For more information about Medical Korea, please visit http://www.medicalkorea.or.kr
The Korea International Medical Association (KIMA) is a government-private joint initiative to promote Korean healthcare to international patients. KIMA serves as the official organization of the government-supported Korea Medical Tourism, as well as the “acting body" for a series of national policies regarding medical travel to Korea.
KIMA aims not only to promote Korean healthcare to international communities, but to also foster safe and reliable infrastructure for medical care transparency and patient safety.
Currently, KIMA has over 40 hospitals and specialty clinics actively involved as member providers, along with government affiliated organizations including the Korea Health Industry Development Institute and the Korea Tourism Organization.
For more information about KIMA, please visit http://www.koreahealthtour.co.kr
KHIDI USA Project
- KHIDI USA is in charge of the Korean Government Medical Korea project in the U.S.
- - Execute PR campaign and host seminars on Korean healthcare to promote 'Medical Korea'
- - Develop medical travel benefit plans for U.S. employers and individuals
- - Develop a global healthcare network between Korea and the U.S.
- - Develop new business opportunities to attract U.S. patients to Korea
- - Conduct research on the U.S. healthcare industry
- - Support Korean healthcare providers branching out to the U.S.
Medical Travel Benefit Plan
KHIDI USA supports the development of medical travel benefit plans that allow U.S. patients to receive medical services in Korea. With other partner organizations, KHIDI USA has developed several 'self insured health plans' and 'limited medical insurances' that cover medical services from the best hospitals in Korea. These plans allow U.S. employers and individuals to save healthcare costs, while providing patients with world-class medical service in Korea.